Manufacturers of medical components use medical grade silicones in the production of a wide range of products such as respiratory masks, medical valves, medical fluids and wearable devices. Medical grade silicones used in these applications must be biocompatible, durable, flexible and provide protection of sensitive components. At Elkem Silicones, we work closely with our customers to meet the highest quality standards and design customized easy-to-process and cost-effective Silbione® medical grades silicones that are safe for patients and end-users.
- Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) – designed for liquid injection molding
- High Consistency Rubber (HCR) – also known as Heat Cured Rubber, used for extrusion, compression molding, and transfer molding process
- Room Temperature Vulcanized (RTV) – used in low temperature molding or casting applications
- Silicone Adhesives – designed for medical device assembly
- Silicone Foams – room temperature curing, low density open cell foams
- Silicone Gels – for lightweight applications
- Electronic Silicone Adhesives (ESA) for medical electronic devices
Our Silbione® medical grade silicone ingredients and formulations meet the highest quality standards and are custom-designed to provide dependable and safe materials for patients and final users, while being easy to process and cost effective for manufacturers. We work closely on a case-by-case basis with manufacturers to meet current needs. This is sustained by long-term R&D partnerships to develop new products and meet evolving market demand and regulatory requirements. We also offer complete support services through our worldwide network, including reliable procurement and technical services.
Click here to contact us to learn how we can help you achieve more than you thought possible with our Silbione® silicone solutions.